Thursday, October 8, 2020

Some General Information For October 9th, 2020

 If you read the last post, you're probably thinking, "What is this post? He said he wasn't going to use this blog anymore?"

Well boys and girls, we're still using this blog. I was trying out a hand-build blog that really wasn't working out due to too much hand-recoding just to add a page. Yeah. I decided it was easier to use the Blogspot/Blogger blog than it was to to do a butt-tonne of hand work.

With that out of the way, some mews is the kitchen cabinet is ready to go back on the wall. Too many other things got in the way of the reinstall so it was set back until today at sometime.

And you know, just to do this repair cost me one portable contractor's table saw, a jig saw, an 18 ga Bostich brad nailer and a Bostich 7/32" narrow crown Bostich stapler. What was shot was the support structure in the back of the cabinet. that was due to a numbnutz handyman that tried to make a buck installing the cabinet after repairs behind it. Some really bad repairs, I might add. It seems he preferred drywall screws as his weapon of choice for mounting cabinets, tearing the $h!t out of the back of the cabinet box in the process.

So, my wife unit will probably be happy once the cabinet is on the wall and not in danger of falling to the floor with our dishware inside.

Other items; Still working on "Scribe" and I hope to get it finished before the end of the year. IT has been a twelve year journey and I have to say I'm sad to see it coming to an end. I guess I've grown accustomed to my characters since they are family, in a way.

So, it's a long blog this time, hope y'all are doing well and you're safe from this effing pandemic.

Slainte!

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment