Sunday, November 15, 2020

New Chapter of "Scribe" and My DRM Workaround Failure

 To begin with, here's the new chapter of "Scribe" for your reading pleasure. We all hope things are falling together for Jeffrey and Na'Krista but you know how that goes . . .

"Chapter 41of Scribe"

So the DRM workaround, using VirtualBox on Windows 10 and in that box, Win XP Pro SP3 to run my games. Well, all was fine and dandy until the Virtualbox version of Windows went "POOF" so when it booted, it took down the whole computer. Might have been something in configuration but I'll be darned if I could figure it out. Now I'm messing around with Ubuntu 20.04 and Wine to run these games but I believe one issue I'm having is a failing CD/DVD-RW internal drive.

When the drive starts reading a disk that it can read, it spins at top speed constantly. Firmware upgrade did nothing for it. If it can't read the disk, is just stops trying after a few attempts. Sometimes, it just keeps trying forever, even making it hard to get the disk out.

So, if any of you have any answers on this, leave it in the comments section below.

That's all for now,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment