Monday, October 26, 2020

Window$ 10 Ver 20H2 Update

 You will remember that update I performed on my Dell 17R N7110 laptop. Well, it took about 8 (eight!) hours to get through the update without any torn out hair or thrown heavy objects.  The upgrade did get rid of the restarting problem but you know what? It's no faster than it was to begin with.

So, what does that mean? That means I will have to buy a new drive, probably a 1Tb SSD and shove it home. That also means it will be a clean install, which should be faster to boot than ever before. I hope.

Anyway, been fooling around with Ubuntu 19.04.3 LTS for a while, I'm trying to get it to run on a 16Gb USB stick with persistence so the programs Iinstall are available from any computer Irun that stick on. We shall see.

That's it for now, be safe.

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment