Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Semi-Aftermath of My Carpentry

 Okay, so I don't think I'm a Master Yankee Carpenter, but I do know which end of the hammer to hit my thumb with. Seriously. No amount of good tools will make you a good carpenter. I rate myself just above Amateur so yeah, that's what I'm capable of.

This came about when we had a "Handyman" do some work for us before we moved in. Actually, before we moved across the country to the Midwest. Some bathroom repair work and kitchen ceiling repairs. Well, he sure didn't have a clue how to hang a kitchen cabinet. That wasn't helped out by the fact our house is all lath and plaster. Stud finders have trouble with lath and plaster so I was stuck with the old fishing with a drill bit method.

We finally got the darn thing on the wall but I'm still going to add some anchoring system of some kind. Probably some straps and moly-toggles of some size, maybe #6 or so. We will see how it turns out.

That's all for now.

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment